Welcome to the
Friends of Bunbury Village website.
For all the latest news on developments in and around the village.
The Village Day 2021 Gallery is available in the menu under Village Life Blog.
Latest items added:
1. The Appeal on Parkside Application Dismissed – look under Planning Blog
2. Application on the paddock behind Tweddle Close and next to Grange Close – look under Planning Blog
3. Update on the Campaign for 20 mph speed limits. Look under the Campaign menu.
4. Preparation work underway on the field next to Oak Gardens and Wakes Meadow
5. Bunbury Neighbourhood Plan Review Consultation starting. See the Parish Council website fro details. Consultation documents will be delivered to every house in the Parish over the next few days. Everyone over the age of 16 my make a contribution. Additional copies will be available at Tilly’s, the Co-op and Burrow’s. You can also download extra copies to print at home or do the on-line version from the comfort of your own computer. Again, go to the Neighbourhood Plan page on the Parish Council section of :
bunburyvillage.info for lots of additional information and links to all the items mentioned above.
Friends of Bunbury: Who are we?
This site has its origin in the Lower Bunbury Action Group and the struggle to protect the village from unnecessary and unwanted speculative development. From the start the organization has always been interested in the whole life of the village and the ways in which we can support and promote its well-being. This website is hopefully one way that process can be encouraged. By providing a way to share ideas and information about the village in a more interactive way we can become more engaged and even possibly help to make better choices about the way we want the village to grow. The emails we circulated in the past were a start. Now we need a method of talking to one-another that enables everyone to join in. How? Two ways:
Would you like to comment on something you have read? You will find a comment box under each post. Fill in some basic information and the little code (so we know you are real and not a machine!) Comments remain open for 30 days after being published. If you need more help with this click here
Perhaps you have something to say? Make a contribution to the website as a one-off or a regular contributor. We would welcome your comments on all sorts of topics that link to the village.
The website is a companion to the village information website bunburyvillage.info
Here, we seek constructive discussion about all aspects of the village. If you are a friend of the village then you are welcome. Of course being a friend does not mean we all share the same views as one another. What we hope unites us is the common objective to find the best ways to promote the life of our village.